Sunday, August 29, 2010

Update from the Middle of Nowhere



Hello. It's been a bit since I posted anything, so I've got a few little tidbits on what we've been doing in Moscow. It's not much, but I'll try to make it sound as exciting as possible:
(drum roll please)
THE FARMER'S MARKET
Every Saturday from April through October there is a farmer's market in the little downtown square. It's a legitimate market in that most of what's available to buy is produce, and lots of it. There are a few jewelry vendors and such, but not many. There is live music, though, and a few non/produce vendors. What you see here is me defending myself against a breakfast burrito.


(I just realized I post an unusual number of pictures of me eating.)

This is Paul in front of what he called The White Stag of motorcycles.
Me downtown.

THE ARBORETUM
Next on our list of must-see sights of Moscow is the university arboretum. It's a large park with gravel walk ways through different "regions" of gardens. For example one area has plants found in China and another has plants found in England. There are ponds and little wild creatures and benches. We went on a really hot day, I'd recommend going in the spring or fall... since I know you're all jotting Moscow down as your next vacation destination.

Paul in front of a pond.
Me on a bench.

The fiercest of the wild creatures we encountered... the dragonflies were a close second.

This has nothing to do with the Arboretum, but Paul made ribs on the same day and they were VERY tasty, although he's still working up to the level of Burt's Grill.

Tune in next week for another update on things to do in Moscow when we will have special guests Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Great post! I can't wait to see you guys in just over a WEEK! Looking forward to all the adventures that Moscow has to offer.