Saturday, August 7, 2010

Desk

The fame of Dad's woodworking skills have obviously preceeded him. To answer the many requests for photos of his most recent project (dubbed simply, "The Desk") I have posted a compilation of the finished product, and rare images of the master at work.

Personally, I think I might start wearing safety glasses as a permanent look.
Dad measuring and clamping.... I'd like to say I was an essential assistant, but I mainly held things and tried to be encouraging.
Detail of the legs and top. Paul would like it noted that he found the very cute knob.
The finished product! Ta Da! (We were painting it in about 100 degree heat in the garage. The paint was drying faster than we could spread it around! The top looks a little blotchy in this photo, but in person it's just adorable.)
What a fun fun project. Thanks Dad.
The finished product is, in a word, perfect. It's just the right size and fits everything nicely. I am enjoying publishing this post from the very desk you see above.


No comments: